[PANN] 170315 Billboard writers drop fact bombs
(Translation of the below post is here)
A few days ago, a post that claimed Billboard 200 is not the main chart and that BTS's achievements had been manipulated was posted and this received almost 1000 upvotes/likes
This post was translated and international fans got to know about this. International ARMYs showed it to the Billboard writer and asked his opinion
Billboard main writer sighed and replied
"How is it not the main chart when "Billboard is in the "Billboard 200" chart name? that poster has a lot of misinformation too~"
Later, international fans who support other groups asked why the writer only wrote about BTS and he replied
"It's simple really: I write Kpop chart articles -> BTS does well on our charts -> I have to write chart articles about BTS"
and another female writer replied,
"BTS antis like this don't know what "manipulation" or main chart" means. Billboard 200 is impressive no matter what"
The male writer, Jeff writes about KPOP articles on Billboard and when BTS debuted at No. 26 on Billboard 200 the fans who can't be mentioned brought up sajaegi and kept complaining to him. He replied to them by using hangul and say there's no Billboard "sajaegi"
(T/N: Dear people who call me shady - I'm sure you'll say I'm being shady again for saying "fans who can't be mentioned". Please try to understand what "읍팬" means before you talk bs.)
+) edit) I'm writing this again because some commented that the OP of the post said Billboard 200 is the main chart but that OP said "Billboard charts divide into Billboard 100 (single chart) / Billboard 200 (album chart) so it (200) can't be called the main chart." I don't get why s/he argues it can't be called a main chart when it is the main chart. If ARMYs said, "BTS debuted at No. 26 on Billboard MAIN CHART" that might be a problem but they CLEARLY said BILLBOARD 200 so that post was inciting. And they said BTS's result as No. 26 is the "highest" among Korean artist and they never said "the first" but the OP still accused that ARMYs said BTS is the first and they had pulled other artists into this mess.
Also, BTS did achieve the "highest" ranking in Billboard 200. Some said BTS isn't the highest and mentioned PSY's Billboard 100 achievement but PSY was No. 2 on Billboard 100.
Moreover, the OP fabricated and said EXO entered the album chart three times when they only entered 2 times and struck BTS's achievement when they were the "first" (Korean artist) to enter the chart three times.
Original post here
Response +568 -71
1. Did we ever belittle other groups by comparing them with BTS's achievements? That OP just got jealous and decided to start an inciting post +228 -17
ㄴother fans... we mentioned BTS's Billboard achievement because you kept slandering and underrating BTS but now you claim we're boasting? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ you shouldn't have tried to compare groups in first place +37 -3
ㄴ ? but the egg accounts on Twitter created to attack EXO always said EXO never entered the Billboard when BTS enters it all the time so we refuted to this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I wonder who started this mess ㅋㅋㅋ +3 -21
ㄴ previous commenter.. if you guys started attacking BTS's achievements so BTS egg accounts brought BTS's Billboard achievements to the table and said you should try arguing to these facts but you all covered your ears and eyes and cried like babiesㅋㅋㅋ do you think you can just hide behind when you clearly started this mess and pretend like nothing happened? You got no conscience? why should ARMYs always explain and clarify? +32 -2
ㄴ previous previous commenter, do you suffer from victim mentality? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ some might think only ARMYs run egg accounts~~~~ others might misunderstand~~~ +22 -2
2. I like Pop songs and this is my first time seeing people trying to bring down Billboard 200 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I understand why the writers sound dumbfounded +212 -7
ㄴ is it this? +37 -5
ㄴ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ something good about exo omg ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ hilarious +28 -7
ㄴ he said "spammed with" so that means not just a couple of fans right? +29 -3
ㄴ they're the same wherever they go ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +13 -4
ㄴ are those people who asked the Billboard writer to write about their idol a true fan or an anti... they're publicly shaming their own group +17 -1
4. You should be ashamed;; I think the writers might think we (Koreans) are the only ones who try to cut down our own country's achievements... +73 -1
5. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ imagine how stupid this must have looked for the Billboard writer to come forward ㅋㅋㅋ I can't imagine how ridiculous this must have looked. super refreshingㅋㅋㅋ +64 -0
6. I'm amazed by the fact that post got almost 1000 upvotes. They tell us to bring facts whenever something happens but they believe every single inciting post without a doubt +62 -0
9. f*ck ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they tried to act so logical but the OP of that post was clearly manipulating the achievements and inciting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +55 -0
10. That OP manipulated the achievements on her/himself ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ international shame ㅋㅋ +41 -0
11. We didn't start boasting by saying Billboard is amazing. You started cursing about BTS's achievements so we had to mention Billboard ㅋㅋ why are you telling us to stop talking about it +39 -0
12. This is all because BTS is doing well~ *sighs* I'm sure they would have created several Selected Talk posts and used their oppa's achievement to slander other groups +36 -1
13. I really pity the antis. I didn't know international-roaches did things like this but they even started some break the wing project too;; but in reality, BTS is a million seller and they hit 10 million views in a day on Youtube ㅋㅋ +32 -1
14. I think Billboard really cares about BTS.. Billboard writer even clarified about sajaegi accusationㅋㅋㅋ +31 -0
15. I think there's always a pattern about BTS posts. When someone posts a fan recruiting post they go crazy and comment "go to fantalk". when someone posts a negative post it usually receives 300 upvotes and they beat ARMYs and BTS in the comments until someone posts a clarification post or refreshing post. Then we see comments like this is why I don't trust negative posts about BTS or yes 암이 (아미 is ARMY but 암이 is more like "cancerous"), yes~ smashed boy scouts~, yes~ victim mentality~. The problem is, slandering posts get more upvotes and views while clarification posts always get less of them. They incite and accuse BTS but they never apologize. Now I can predict the future of every situation ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +27 -0